I can’t believe it's June already and we’re off to Hong Kong again for another gem show. This show is put on by UBM and is billed as “one of the top three jewelry shows in Asia” attracting 1000’s of buyers and sellers every year, running June 19th – June 22nd.
I’m proud to announce I’ll be covering the show for UBM’s publication Jewellery Net Asia
, providing a complete recap of all things pearl. Watch for my full report sometime near the end of June.
An exciting addition to the trade show activities is the "Sustainable Pearls Forum", hosted by sustainablepearls.org
. Should be a very interesting discussion with an all-star lineup of speakers:
- Shigeru Akamatsu (Mikimoto)
- Jacques & Jacques-Christophe Branellec (Jewelmer, President & Exec. VP)
- Dr. Kent Carpenter (ODU & IUCN, Professor)
- Dr. Laurent Cartier (Sustainable Pearls)
- Dr. Gaetano Cavalieri (CIBJO, President)
- Andy Hart (Tiffany & Co., SVP)
- Louisa Ho (TNC)
- Josh Humbert (Kamoka, CEO)
- Dr. Michael Krzemnicki (SSEF, Director)
- Douglas McLaurin (Cortez Pearls, Co-founder)
- Julie Nash (Sustainable Pearls)
- Nick & James Paspaley (Paspaley, CEO)
- Dr. Fiona Solomon (RJC)
- Robert Wan (Robert Wan, CEO & Founder)
As usual I’ll be live blogging each day of the show, giving you a unique look into the pearl buying process. I'll be stocking up on our staple items but the majority of my time is going to be dedicated to hunting down unique and rare pearls.
I’ve started a customer wish list and love the challenge of tracking down hard to find items, so if you want me to hunt down something special for you, or just want to make a suggestion please email me!
To ensure you don’t miss anything, be sure to subscribe to the blog and follow us on Facebook
. The next post you see from me will from Hong Kong on the 19th or 20th and I'll update daily the duration of the show.